Wednesday 4 November 2020

Thoughts on RC Boat using Raspberry Pi and MQTT

 First off, I don't have a boat. 

Then I have done servo steering on RC-car-2  even if it is by Flask and web interface. And the servo was a step move and return after a short time.

Things that I need to know about are  how to do incremental movements of a servo AND of the throttle at the same time using MQTT. There is an app called Linear MQTT that I should look at. 

I also need to know how to pass a value across from the Publisher to the Subscriber and act on it in the incremental mode, rather  than having a different subroutine for every value. 

If I was to use a publisher other than one on my Android tablet, It couldn't use a Raspberry Pi, because that does not have an incremental input, whereas the Arduino Uno has an analog input. 

15/Feb/2021  I have been building a boat by hot-glue sticking  panels of plastic left over from my cutting up a 'square' gutter.  It floats.  I have a motor from an old RC car. It is a PEAK Motor and looks like the standard Brushed  27T motor described at rcscrapyard.net. I don't know yet whether it will run driven by PWM or not. That's a test for tomorrow. 

I have a HW-95 driver board. I have used my 3D printer to print a propeller and also a case for a 18650 Battery (ex Laptop Battery pack). 

I have a servo to use for the rudder.  Car-2 was servo steered and it looks like it used MicroSD Memory card #4.  I shall have to use that to test. It might not need much modification for the servo movement. I can take that over as Car-2 has been disposed of. 

Using the software for RC_Car-11-MQTT I have discovered that this small motor will run at varying speeds  using PWM. 

Next Iteration is to use this same software to have PWM Steering as well as motor control I think. 

And while I am about it, change the Wemos software to transmit PWM Percentages, so that I can use the Pot on the controller to adjust the steering. 





1 comment:

Alen j. Willium said...

You can easily troubleshoot a noisy pool pump on your own. With these tips and tricks, you may be able to locate the source of the sound, whether it’s coming from the motor or the pump itself. But you can’t just stop using your pump to avoid the noise.