Tuesday 24 March 2020

Lockdown - March 2020

24 March 2020: I have a note beside me that spells out the four steps of personal response to the Coronovirus pandemic.
1. Social Distancing
2. Social Isolation
3. House Arrest
4. Lockdown.

For the last week since we went to our coffee morning and only very few people were there, we have been practicing Social Isolation. It is very difficult to avoid touching something that someone else has touched, such as the food that Tesco delivers, and the post, and when Lian next door gave us some milk. When you read that the virus can exist for 72 hours (3 days) on hard plastic or metal, and for a few hours on cardboard and paper, you want to leave any post that is delivered until the evening to read.

For the past week we have been driving out and having our tea/coffee from a flask somewhere is the countryside, where we don't see anyone else. Now we are in lockdown and only allowed out of the property once a day for exercise. It will be interesting to see how that works. Ross next door started a new career yesterday with his coffee van. Dave (his father)  said that he had spreadsheet out all the figures before he bought into it, but this lockdown is going to blow a big hole in that.

I made a schedule of painting for the woodwork around the house. This is the second day and it is already blown. I painted the downstairs bathroom yesterday instead of the upstairs one as per my schedule, and today I am putting it back together and preparing the stairs for tomorrows painting.

Friday and on Thursday I painted one side of the staircase. Masking tape still there. I need a new brush.

We'll see.  I have a number of other tasks on a list that keeps on growing.






No comments: