Saturday 18 November 2017

RC-Car-4 WebIOPi is Obsolete. Long live ??

WebIOPi does not work with the latest version (stretch) of Raspbian.                            [2017-11-18]

My current state of memory cards is:
#1 SD card  not known
#2 SD card  Raspbian Jessie with WebIOPi not working
#3 uSD card WebIOPi working  - DO NOT TOUCH!
#4 uSD card WebIOPi working  - DO NOT TOUCH!  in RC-Car

#5 according to my records, is Forth, but I can't find it.

The Raspberry Pi that I am using for test purposes is a Model B rev 1, that accepts SD cards. If I want to do anything on my Raspberry Pi zero I am going to need some more uSD cards.

Cayenne is only supported on Raspbian wheezy according to the forums. And someone else on the Raspberry pi forums commented that it required cloud access, which is not something we want.

Blynk  As from previous post, does not work on my Raspberry Pi model B rev 1.

so what is next?

OOOh! Look what I found:
https://kaazing.com/remote-controlling-a-car-over-the-web-ingredients-smartphone-websocket-and-raspberry-pi/

Let's give it a try.  No. The detail isn't there, and it needs a Web-socket server 3rd piece of kit.

Next:


https://www.hackster.io/user16288277/diy-smart-iot-control-panel-raspberry-pi-zero-w-6d7264

This one uses a Mosquitto MSQT Message broker. May be smarter than I need.



Going to try the last one. 

Flashed the SD card #1 

Edited interfaces file to set static IP for wireless
Interfaces file refers to /etc/wyliodrin/wireless.conf, but no information is given about how to set this up. I could change back to wpa_supplicant, or wait for a response from wyliodrin.

Added ssh file in boot.
Added new project to Bookmarks bar.

[2017-11-23] Wyliodrin responded, said to put json file in the root of the FAT of the SD card. I have done this with no effect. I have loaded up Wyliodrin Studio and am trying to connect via Ethernet, but nothing is happening. It is, but it wants a username and password, neither of which are setup on the pi.
 Blank   blank doesn't work
blank   raspberry doesn't work
root    raspberry   doesn't work
peter.merchant_peter_merchant@wyliodrin.com  doguxokefu   doesn't work - from json file.

pi    raspberry is the correct set as per the default for the R-pi. (STUPID!)

[2017-11-26]   It didn't work, it wanted to update and hung. Wyliodrin suggested I use a later version linked to from Wyliodrin Studio, so I downloaded version 2017_08_25. This fired up, W-Studio connected to it, then said it couldn't find Wyliodrin and did I want to download it, which failed. I am not impressed so far.

I am going to prepare SD card #2, and see if that works.
Answer: No. Wyliodrin Studio tells me that Wyliodrin is not installed on the Pi that it is connected to.

I may wait and try this again sometime. Meanwhile on to the first one (Instructables) tomorrow.





No comments: