Thursday 1 December 2011

Replacement Knee after Seven Weeks


1 December 2011. Yes, and much of the time I have forgotten about my knee. Except when I bend my leg, or go to kneel down. Kneeling isn't easy, and I try not to put too much pressure on the knee, but I can do it.I still do my exercises, but have given up on the Physio class.

I saw the Consultant for the 6 week checkup and signoff a week ago, and he was very pleased, and said that I could get back to cycling and swimming and driving. I didn't tell him that I tried the bicycle while in my fourth week post-op, and have been cycling around the block since the five week mark. Today I cycled into Wimborne for a haircut.

The consultant also suggested that I could lower my saddle to force the knee to bend some more, so last night I lowered it by about half-an-inch. Today I didn't even notice that. I'll have to lower it some more.

In order to write this I booted the computer into XP a few hours ago, and it wouldn't let me proceed until I had installed Service pack 3, and then LibreOffice wanted Java, so it took a while.  So, three hours to do a five minute thing.

No comments: