Saturday 7 June 2008

Electric cars

With juice running up towards 2 Pounds a litre, It's time to look again at electric cars. The G-wiz looks good , but it's about 8000 pounds new, and the batteries only last for about 2 years.

I was wondering what it would take to build one. take an old Micra...

Do you go for one large motor and a drive chain, or can you put a motor in each wheel. I like that idea. Stick supermagnets inside the rims and have the coils build on to the brake drums.

AC or DC. The G-wiz started as DC, but changed to AC. I think that the Wally wagon back in the 70's was AC.

How many poles to the motor?

I would have to go back to university to revise on my electrics in order to design the electronics.

I wonder if there are any Internet sites directed towards this.

No comments: